Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, my plan is to record modifications and improvements already completed and capture new ideas and modifications as they are carried out.

After a number of years in bits and pieces spread around in various garages, I finally completed the restoration and rebuild of my GT6 Convertible in March 2006. In addition to a complete restoration, one of the major modifications I made was to install an engine management system to look after fueling and ignition.

I ran the car for most of last summer to gain confidence in the management system which proved to be totally reliable.

Although fairly lively, a drive in Karl Dandrige's (KD Triumph) Vitesse fitted with his GT6 race engine convinced me of the need for further improvement.......

Apart from the management system, the original engine was a pretty standard 2 litre with dome top pistons.

Over the winter I decided it was time to concentrate on the engine hardware, over the coming weeks I will update my blog with the details of the engine rebuild.



No comments: