Friday, February 23, 2007

Engine Rebuild

Just about to start my engine rebuild so I thought I record what bits were going in......

Engine mods for the 2 litre are fairly well documented, my engine spec is based on some pretty standard modifications. I wanted to build something that would give me a noticeable improvement in power and remain reliable, only time will tell if achieve this.

Block rebored +0.020" and skimmed by 0.035"
Spitfire +0.060" pistons, 0.010" proud of bore (Originally an ebay bargain but ended up being expensive when I realised I needed to have circlip grooves machined)
Lightened flywheel
Crank, flywheel and damper balanced
Newman camshaft
Blueprinted oil pump



Con rods lightened, balanced and shot penned




Cosworth con rod bolts (std shown along side)



2500S Head ported and polished


Larger inlet & exhaust valves
Head skimmed by 0.210" to achieve 10.3:1 compression ratio
Throttle bodies ported to match head
6-3-1 Exhaust manifold ported to match head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tri Metal Bearings for connecting rod and main journal are manufactured. we specialize in under size bearing for main and connecting rod journals. Tri Metal Bearing is guaranteed for performance and are available on competitive price.
Tri Metal Bearing