Monday, March 24, 2008

Top Arms

Still not yet got around to trial fitting, hopefully that will be sorted when I fit a set to Big Dave's Vitesse.


Fairly confident these will go on without a problem and hopefully create the required clearance, Dave's car is probably worse than mine for tyre to arch contact.

Managed to win an eBay auction for an adjustable tool post for my lathe, wasn't a straight forward fit but eventually got it sorted. I have modified one of the tool holders to hold the tubes so that I can cut the angles more accurately.


Now using a milling cutter which gives a much better finish, quick rub over with the file is all that is needed.

This set should be getting tigged up this week, need to order up some material to make the adjusters, going to have a go at using brass.

If these turn out ok, I will consider making a number of sets to sell on, I have been contacted by a number of people expressing an interest.

If you are considering ordering a set of these, please bear in mind that they are a critical suspension component, they will be made to the highest standard but I sugest they are inspected on a regular basis.

If you wish to fit these to your vehicle it will be at your own risk.

Post Options
Labels for this post:
e.g. scooters, vacation, fall


6 comments:

SJ said...

Greetings-

You're a master craftsman!!!
How would I go about getting a set of those A-Arms (now Y-Arms) for a GT6?

Thanks-

Mike said...

Hi sj,

mail me at

mike.bestard@uwclub.net

and I'll give you some more detail

Mike

Unknown said...

If you are open for business, I would also be interested in a set of your upper A-arms.

Mike said...

Jeffery, mail me at above address and I will take your details.

Bjorn L said...

Hi Mike

My name is Bjorn Lindroth and I´m very interested in your construction. I´m living in Sweden and own a Gt6 Mk1. I have bought a set of 14" wire wheels and end up with the same problem as you, wrong offset. I would like to pull the wheels in and you have the sollution. Perhaps drawings.Off course I pay for them.

Bjorn L said...

Hi again

I´m of course interested in buying the pieces if you have any for sale.

Regards Bjorn