Monday, September 17, 2007

Let There Be Light

Not really happy with the lighting following the 10 CR, never really noticed any issues in the past, then again never really had to drive it all night before. The biggest issue was the amount of glare / refection created when using main beam.

After looking at a TR6 recently at KD Triumph that had a HID kit fitted I was pretty impressed with the installation, I have HID's Xenon's on my everyday car so I'm well aware of the improvement they offer.

A quick search around the Internet and I came across a Bosch HID kit for a fairly reasonable price.


Fairly straight forward to fit, you get all the necessary brackets and fixings. There is a unit that needs to be fitted behind each lamp, I fixed these to some existing fittings on the wheel arch. There is also a control module that needs to be fitted on one side only, this needs an additional 12V feed. It also has a fly lead which plugs into the existing bulb connector. The bulbs basically fit the same as standard H4's, they just connect up to their own harness.



Difficult to show in a photograph but the light is much whiter and brighter as expected, they make the sidelights seem really yellow. I'll have to plan a night drive and see how they perform.

No comments: